There I was, the night I began my drink-nothing-but-water-for-30-days challenge, on a couch in a friend's apartment, just chatting away and half-watching Monday night football. There was a large selection of beers available, a little whiskey, and there was even an option to order some soda or iced tea with our chinese delivery order. Normally, I would have gone for a beer and a soda...but last night I ordered the bottle of water. It hurt a little, but it was a good decision.
There I was, unsuspecting again, 24 hours into my challenge in the organic section of the supermarket, searching for some non-dairy treats (and I found them: yummy), when I had a thought: I should probably pick up some almond milk to try with some cereal...or maybe I could try a glass of ice cold chocolate soy milk! But lo! I cannot...for I am only drinking water for the next few weeks.
Water hasn't been the only change I've made...while at the supermarket I picked up some baby carrots, apples, and kiwi! That's right...some fruits and veggies. Just trying to be healthy.
So...water every day.
The downside? Realizing you really have to use the bathroom at the beginning of a 2 and a half hour wind ensemble rehearsal.
The upside? We are playing THIS amazing piece:
Aegean Festival Overture
oh and uh...this is my awesome cup.
![]() |
| My trusty water glass, probably counts for at least 2 glasses of water... |

No comments:
Post a Comment