I'm back from a little bit of blogging hiatus, and I've found myself in a sort of "blogging limbo". As it turns out, I had some issues purchasing the Groupon online, time ran out and sadly I won't be able to begin my challenge to sail. I expect that some of my challenges won't work out the way I plan them, after all they are "challenges", and the point of this blog is to challenge myself. One more time? Challenge. Oh, it will still happen...but perhaps in the summertime. Besides, it's getting chilly!
I'm currently sitting in my bed, still in my PJ's with the window open, a nice cool fall breeze coming in through the window, listening to Mozart. Today I have my first orchestra rehearsal, but before I go and pick up my music, practice, shower, and find some grub (okay, not in that order), I have decided to blog a little about my experiences this weekend. I'm still up for trying new things, and I did just that this weekend.
Adam and I went to the Big Apple this weekend to visit one of his awesome friends for his birthday, and it was so much fun! My virgin eyes finally saw Indiana Jones: Raiders of the Lost Ark for the first time ever...and on the IMAX big screen...in Times Square. Here are some photos:
![]() |
| NYC in the rain in Times Square, after seeing my very first Indiana Jones movie. |
![]() |
| My first time in Kosher bliss. Pastrami sandwiches, french fries, and huge Kosher pickles at Katz's Delicatessen. It was also my first time visiting Little Italy! |
As for a September challenge, I'm still trying to figure out what exactly I want to do since sailing hit the fan. I'm simultaneously reading A Game of Thrones and The Year of Living Biblically(One man's humble quest to follow the Bible as literally as possible). I like A.J. Jacobs because he puts himself up to really long challenges, instead of short 30 day challenges. He spent a year reading the entire Encyclopedia Britannica, he spent a year living biblically, and he spend another year trying to be the healthiest person he could possibly be. So far I've...taken a few pictures and talked a little about music. But have no fear! I'll come up with something...



No comments:
Post a Comment