Nostalgia at it's purest:
Fall also reminds me of birthdays, as I am a libra. Here is a piece that Wagner wrote for his second wife on her birthday. Imagine waking up to this on your birthday. In fact, you should wake up to this every morning. What a great start to the day:
Now for the main reason that I'm writing this post. I'm going to admit, I haven't played a whole lot of Fauré's music, but I know that it's notoriously beautiful. We are playing a short piece of his in orchestra this semester, and here is the first movement. It really suits the season. Just close your eyes and take a listen:
You know, since I'm on a beautiful music kick, this piece has always been one of my favorites, and will always have a special place in my heart.
How sweet the moonlight sleeps upon this bank!
Here will we sit and let the sounds of music
Creep in our ears: soft stillness and the night
Become the touches of sweet harmony...
How sweet the night is.
I hope this music has nourished your soul, cleansed your thoughts, and given you peace no matter what season it is.
I'm just sad that my tiny macbook speakers aren't doing these pieces one bit of justice. Please, if you can hook up your computer to some awesome speakers when listening to these, do it. You won't regret it.
We've got it made, fellow musicians. How lucky are we?
No comments:
Post a Comment