"The next 30 days are going to pass whether you like it or not."
Thursday, September 6, 2012
A Post about Poulenc
Today in a large breezy room furnished with a desk, a few chairs, and a piano, I had my first lesson with Ethan Sloane. I have decided to tackle those orchestral excerpts, purchase some new etude books, and that I no longer want to be afraid of the Poulenc sonata. I used to be afraid of the Debussy Rhapsody, such a gorgeous piece, but so hard to play. So I learned it and performed it on my senior recital. This is a recording of me playing the Debussy. I think it was pretty successful...
So I have decided to do the same thing, and learn and perform the Poulenc clarinet sonata. In fact, here is a video of one of my favorite clarinet players, Paul Meyer performing the third movement (hard):
And here is a funny video set to Paul Meyer's recording:
(What my performance will hopefully look like)
Have I mentioned that I have met, played for, and been coached by Paul Meyer? We also played Foosball!
No comments:
Post a Comment