Aaah...Sweet Cheeks BBQ...traditional Texas BBQ, where drinks are served in mason jars and food comes on a tray. Excellent. As you can see, we started off with some beers, naturally :) If you've been following my blog, I know I have quite a few posts recently with pictures of beer and wine...just want to let you know that no, I'm not an alcoholic...just an alcohol enthusiast. Landshark just tastes like summer to me...partly because it's what I tend to drink in the summer, and partly because it has so much to do with Jimmy Buffet. Yes, I'm a parrot head.
Then we had our dinner. The tray closest to the camera is mine, loaded with pork belly and ribs, with potato salad and BBQ beans. Adams is furthest from the camera, piled high with brisket and ribs. I must say, the flavors were astounding. I'm starting to make a rule when I go out to eat, in that I won't order anything I can't make at home. Well, I don't have meat at home, nor do I have a smoker in which to flavor the meat. Everything was so good, down to the bacon bits on the potato salad (something I have never thought of...hmmm...). In fact, the only complaint I had was that the beans weren't that great...however, I'm comparing them to my family's secret recipe of baked beans (also a summertime favorite), and they don't compare at all.
My apologies for not blogging yesterday, worked an exhausting double. Hopefully these BBQ pictures make up for it! I should also note that I'm not trying to be a food critic. Yes, I do know a lot about food and the restaurant biz, but that just means that it's easy for me to relate to. I like food way to much to criticize it, but I do enjoy sharing my dining adventures with you!


No comments:
Post a Comment