1.) It's a slow lunch, and you don't expect to make more than $20. Then that ONE person comes in, and orders a glass of champagne, a shrimp cocktail, a lobster, 2 glasses of the most expensive wine ($15/glass), coffee, and dessert. It still wasn't a miraculous lunch, but it was worth it to a point.
2.) Whilst picking up my second $15 glass of wine to deliver to the table, the bartender surprised me with a small taste of it...for work and educational matters of course. And I wonder why I then go to a restaurant and spend $40 on myself? Working at a nice restaurant has given me expensive taste, and on a waitressing budget, that just isn't fair.
3.) Oh right, we're highlighting the good things about work. Coworkers. We stick together. We have each other's backs, we bitch about bad tippers and obnoxious people, but we help each other out in every way possible. Even in the lull between the peak hours, we talk about our lives. Yes, personal information gets spread around the restaurant faster than anything you can imagine, but all the crap aside, coworkers are there when you need them. (And if any of you are reading, thank you!)
4.) One more, and this is the best one. The love of my life just happens to work with me, and we worked the dinner shift together. Work is so much more...enjoyable...when he's there with me. Even if we're on opposite sides of the restaurant he comes over, or I find a reason to go to his section, or we just happen to be in the kitchen at the same time...(is this getting cheesy?). Fact is, I love being where he is, whether it's at home, at work, or anywhere in between.
This is a HUGE "in between"...when he took me to see my first opera at the Met.
I just want to finish up on one topic that I find interesting, and that is the subject of "YOLO". For those of you reading this who don't know, it stands for You Only Live Once. Now, there are funny memes regarding zombies and such, but I found an article and a picture the other day that I would like to share. People have been using YOLO as an excuse to do stupid things. In fact, go to the article I read for more about that by clicking here. And if you didn't go to the article, this quote sums it up:
“YOLO” means being able to look back on your life when you’re 90 and think, “Wow, I really did everything I possibly could with my life.”
And this is what this blog is about. It's about living life to the fullest and trying new things, being well-rounded and educated, and loving every minute of being alive.
(I couldn't resist)


No comments:
Post a Comment