Today was my first day about town on my own. First stop was breakfast at Java Madness. They have a great selection of bagels, breakfast sandwiches, great coffee, tea, lunch, and all sorts of little goodies. This morning (or rather, closer to afternoon since I woke up at 11) they had a girl with a guitar singing out on the patio. It was really lovely...and a nice perk is that this is the view I had, while listening to local musicians, and eating a delicious egg sandwich on an everything bagel (Instagram helped me with this one): Oh, and it's also about a 30 second drive from my house!
My next task was to help my parents keep up with the moving in. I cleaned the upstairs bathroom, and discovered the amazing powers of the magic eraser (I have to stock up on those when I move into our new apartment!) I also realized that people who are around 5 feet tall shouldn't be given the task of hanging up a shower curtain, but not to worry-I made good use of my bachelor's degree and figured it out. Then I realized I had only 2 hours to find my brother a birthday present! Oops...really dropped the ball on that one. So I drove into town (a 5 minute drive from my house) and stopped at all the places that I want to take my boyfriend to tomorrow!
I figured Chris might want to do some exploring with his girlfriend when he has more time to spare, so I got him a few gift certificates so he could have a day on the town. The first place I went to was the Mews, they have 69 beers on tap...and yes, I'm pretty sure they did that on purpose. Then I drove closer to the little town and stopped into Brickley's, whose frozen products I can only enjoy sparingly, since I have no patience for lactose. Then I walked around the corner to a funky little place called Smoothie Booty, which in addition to delicious smoothies, offers birthday cards (score!), jewelry, and other little treats. I can't wait to stop in there tomorrow, to sip on a smoothie and do a little shopping. There are so many cute boutiques and antique shops that line the street. I'll keep you up to date on our adventure day tomorrow night when I blog.
The birthday boy got to pick where we went out to dinner that night, and I must say, he chose very wisely. If you EVER come to Rhode Island and want the best seafood in an awesome clam shack by the sea, you MUST come to Champlin's!!! As you can see, we had steamers, fish and chips, fish tacos, and coconut shrimp (my personal favorite). So many awesome New England treats, and the steamers were so sweet and tender...the best I've ever had...and I've had a lot (from working around seafood all year). Basically, it was a pretty successful day.
And naturally, the last stop today was at *HOME* in our new kitchen. Christian turned 19 today, even though there are only 4 candles on the cake :-P
We sang Happy Birthday, there were presents to be had, and then we ended the night with a rousing game of Pass the Pigs. Just buy it. It's SO. MUCH. FUN.
Happy Birthday Chris!




No comments:
Post a Comment