You'll find us on the subway late at night between the hours of 10pm and 3am. We blend into the background, wearing all black and looking utterly exhausted, usually around the time you are going out or coming home from a night out. You wear stilettos and tiny dresses, while we are dressed in baggy black clothes, smelling of seafood (or the fryer in the kitchen).
You might even be one of us, exchanging knowing glances across the subway car. Everyone is surrounded by friends, laughing and excited for the night, while we are returning home, our only companions are our ipods and headphones. We are at the end of our ropes, completely drained from giving even the rudest of all customers every ounce of politeness and false sincerity that we have. This is what it feels like at the end of a long day at work. But I digress...
I need to stop eating large meals before I get to work. I eat so that I don't get hungry serving mouth watering baked stuffed lobsters, filets, and shellfish. Sometimes I go a little overboard and eat way too much, resulting in a food coma right before a busy dinner shift. I need to be at the top of my game, but sometimes I just want to take a nap. Today, however, I had a rather nice (and very filling) lunch at Noodle Street, it's not a street, it's a restaurant. I recently made a rule not to eat anything at a restaurant that I could also make at home, and even though I know I could probably find a way to make this at home, it was still really good, and just what I needed.
Here we have some lo mein, mixed with veggies, with crispy chicken and a sweet thai sauce on the side.

Adam had some really delicious looking wings, with some rice and a cute little salad on the side. And some fried wonton-pot-sticker-pork-type-things. But we ate those too fast for me to take a picture of.
Still, I got to work and felt a little sluggish. Not the I-just-drank-a-giant-beer-before-my-shift sluggish, but an I-ate-way-too-much-that-I-have-not-only-a-food-baby-but-I'm-in-a-food-coma-as-well sluggish. Luckily it was pretty slow, and I had a chance to digest a bit before running around retrieving drinks and refills on Shirley Temples. Well, I have one more double and then I have my first real, professional gig!

No comments:
Post a Comment