Thursday, December 27, 2012

Christmas...Not Quite White

There was a light dusting of snow on Christmas Eve, but as I predicted, the morning was cloudy, gray, and was raining on and off. I spent the night on the couch listening to some awesome Christmas music by Sufjan Stevens...a new musical discovery...and somehow slept through my little brother opening his stocking from Santa.




Christmas Day is rather low key for us. We usually open most of our gifts on Christmas Eve, since that's when my family tends to get together. Then Grandma sleeps over (hence, my staying on the couch...in my haunted living room). My mom made a delicious Christmas dinner...brisket with au jus, squash, cheesy potatoes, and rice pilaf. A glass of white zinfandel (I never drink zinfandel...but for some reason I had so much of it in the past few days). 




One of my favorite Christmas gifts was a fabulous dress...and I hope I get invited to a fabulous new years party...or a fabulous event...where I can go and look...fabulous. 


My mom and I finished up the night snacking on chips (seems to be our thing lately), and watching Big Bang Theory. 

Day after Christmas? Also...a light dusting. But the Day after the Day after Christmas (aka today) was the same rainy, cloudy, gray day. The day after Christmas was really great though. Finally got to meet up with my friends in Providence and we went to Providence Coal Fired Pizza. Which is AWESOME. I thought it would be a lactose intolerant's nightmare, but it was so. damn. good...and on the swanky side! Not only do they have pizza, but they had wings, hummus, soup, salads, and amazing cocktails. I had two Orange Basil Mojitos, which went really well with my hummus. Our party of 6 got to sit at the really awesome pizza bar, where we got a great view of all the guys making pizzas in "Rhode Island's only authentic coal fired oven"...although I don't know how big of a deal that statement is since Rhode Island is...tiny. I didn't have a whole lot to eat, because my mom and I had shared a plate of Nachos and a sandwich a few hours beforehand. 

For the rest of the night we laid low...had a few glasses of white zin at my friends' apartment while chilling out, watching Ted for the second time, and playing with Otie. I'm not actually sure the spelling of the dog's name...but he's really cute and friendly. Not to mention loyal...as he almost bit one of my friends who got into a fake slapping fight with his owner. There were also some fish in a really, really cool fish tank. 

It's a fun place. 

My only complaint was that it was really crappy snow-man making snow. But at least it was a day-after-Christmas magical miracle moment. 



:)

No comments:

Post a Comment