Saturday, December 22, 2012

Lamb Belly

Judging by the title of this post, you probably can guess what I ate tonight.

A good friend of mine just finished her bachelor's degree, and tonight we were celebrating! My little girlfriends and I stopped in at a great tavern in Harvard Square, a little place that goes by the name of Russell House Tavern. I chose to have the hickory smoked lamb's belly toast, with walnuts, apricots, and harissa-ginger aioli over the house made terrine, which was made of meat from a pig's head...but I've eaten that before. Yes, I've eaten some weird things in my day. To elaborate quickly, I attended a pig roast where we essentially ate the whole pig. My favorite part was sampling all the different parts of the head. I had pig cheek, forehead, eyeball, and brain.

Back to the lambs belly...

Lamb belly is really really good. It's part of the "unctuous" (a more appetizing term than 'fatty') midsection, located below the loin, that supposedly has some of the strongest flavors in the lamb. I personally like pork belly a little more, but the lamb and the walnuts and the apricot...so tasty.

Then we made a stop at Burdick's for some hot chocolate. I know some of you will be very disappointed, but I didn't get any hot chocolate. Mainly because one of the main ingredients other than chocolate is milk...and I didn't exactly feel like encountering a lactose episode.

Christmas shopping happened next, and we ran into a few other friends. Actually, the enemy of the friend I was with...and lo and behold, a Christmas miracle happened. We met them for drinks at City Bar in the Lenox hotel, and they became friends!

I still need to pack, do laundry, clean the kitchen, and take care of a few things before I leave tomorrow (actually, today, since it's 2:38 am)...but staying true to form, I am saving those things for the very last minute. I'm a packing expert, remember?

Some music, non classical today. I can't stop listening to this song...



Good night
    xo

No comments:

Post a Comment