Thursday, December 20, 2012

Happy End of the World Eve!

Just as I decided to change my goal for this month from good deeds to expanding my knowledge, a good deed falls into my lap. Holidays make people crazy, and apparently makes people leave their keys, wallet, and other assorted important looking things on a bench by the T. After looking around to see if anyone was rushing in a holiday induced frenzy to claim it at the last minute, I picked it up and brought it to one of the MBTA officers. Something tells me they won't go very far without their keys/wallet/important looking things. I hope they realized they left their stuff at Kenmore station, and went to get it.

On another note, I've been self-teaching myself Spanish. The website I've been using is http://www.studyspanish.com/, which works a hell of a lot better than google translate. It has all these different lessons, along with someone from Spain and Peru saying it correctly (I assume) and has quizzes. Oh, and it's free...which is a lot cheaper than investing in Rosetta Stone. For now. I spent a few hours on pronunciation, the alphabet, vocabulary, diphthongs, etc. So definitely learned a few new things today. At least when I return to the Dominican Republic I can hopefully communicate like a human being. Although since I'm self-teaching myself, it will probably be a really messed up, weird version of Spanish.

In other news, I also learned that the ears of a cricket are located on their front legs just below the knees.

Perhaps some music this evening? Sorry this is such a weird post.

Since the world is supposedly ending tomorrow, here's some festive music, Quartet for the End of Time by Messiaen.


No comments:

Post a Comment