![]() |
| The Hall of Ideas |
We leisurely walked through the Fenway area, made a quick stop at the New England Conservatory, and then made our way to catch the last tour of the day at the Christian Science Center.
Upon walking in, you are greeted by the Hall of Ideas, a vast hall with a bronze and glass sculpture in the middle that doubles as a fountain. Thanks to a great deal of technology, lights shine down on it from above, projecting quotes onto the surface that follow the flow of the water. There is also an on-going video about Mary Baker Eddy and her life, and how she came to found Christian Science.
![]() |
| Mapparium |
Next, you are brought into the Mapparium, the only structure of its kind in the world. You enter a huge glass sphere, which includes the entire map of the world (as you can see by the picture, a lovely view of the Eastern Hemisphere). Since we weren't allowed to take any pictures, I snatched this one off the internet. Everyone enters through one door, exits out the other, and you get to stand on a bridge in the middle, for the best possible 360 degree view. There is a short show that they do inside as well, highlighting the different continents, giving us a very brief overview of the world and global economy.
| Glass sculpture/fountain |
of the room makes it so easy for sound to travel that it sounds like the person opposite from you is whispering right into your ear.
We walked by the reflection pool hand in hand, reflecting on past visits to the same spot. It was starting to get chilly, which was nice because there wasn't a huge amount of people visiting. Come here in the middle of summer when the fountain at the end is turned on, and you'll see kids in swim suits frolicking in the fountain, (as well as fully clothed adults sometimes :) and college students), and you'll see tourists taking pictures of their families in front of the pool. In past posts I have taken many more pictures of this area, as it's just so beautiful.
![]() |
| Reflection Pool |
| Reflection pool |
These pictures serve as a great reminder as to not only why I am still living in this wonderful city, but why I am as in love with it as the day I moved here over five years ago. Yes, I agree that sentence was awkwardly written, but you get my point. It's a great city, rich with history, culture and beauty.
Boston, you're my home, and I love ya for it.




No comments:
Post a Comment