When I was in New York, I figured it would be easy to stay away from technology. The morning when I was walking around by myself was when I was most tempted: to update my status, check-in, add photos, etc. It got so distracting that I turned off Facebook notifications. Then I deleted the app. Then I had to deactivate my Facebook.
In the meantime, I've done some more fun stuff.
Last night I went into Providence to visit the friends...it was a chill hang. If you're looking for a small bar I recommend Captain Seaweed's. It's a little dive with fun decor, and apparently a pretty cool patio, although it was too cold for me to be curious enough to check it out. We shared a couple pitchers of Drifter Pale Ale (not usually what I go for, but a good beer nonetheless) and requested some songs to be played on the jukebox, before finally deciding to head back where we watched a movie.
This morning was great, because I got up early (although not by my own doing), and was able to go for a walk on the beach with my mommy :-)
Even though it was cloudy, there were some really nice colors in the sky, and we saw some really beautiful and peaceful scenery...
| Taken at Roger Wheeler Beach |
![]() |
| Peaceful |
![]() |
| A fishing boat in the distance |
| The Heritage fishing boat |
| Lighthouse at Snug Harbor |
| Seagulls looking for clams |
There are absolutely no reasons to dislike the East Coast, and every reason to love it. Yes, it gets cold up here in New England, but between the awesome history and beautiful scenery is where home is for me.
xoxo



No comments:
Post a Comment