Sunday, February 24, 2013

Yet Another Weekend Update

I know I'm technically supposed to be writing about being a vegetarian instead of all the incredibly fun things I'm doing, and I am, but like a fellow blogger stated, it's my blog and I'll do what I want to. I sort of...caved...this weekend on the veggie front, but I'll get to that. I have a whole bunch of new and awesome things to tell you about.

Friday was yet another racquetball day, and as usual probably burned more calories laughing than from actually running around doing a sport. A friend and I were supposed to finally go see Django, but that failed miserably when it started snowing and we got all comfortable on a couch dubbed "the cat-napper". We did go out to an amazing little place called Saus that has sensational french fries with lots of dipping sauces, sandwiches, waffles, and beer...so what's not to love?

Nothing quite like fries in a cone...located by Government Center

Then we attempted to watch Looper, but it proved to be a difficult venture when some people couldn't keep their voices down, and also I took a little nap where I apparently missed a very important part. 



After a little craft beer, a little hookah, and a few too many episodes of TV shows, we also stayed up a little too late with lots of laughs and really good company. 

Saturday was fantastic in that I got to sleep the heck in. Cleaned for a bit during the day while listening to some music:



Before I knew it, it was dinner time and we were riding the T on our way to China Town. My Thai Vegan Cafe is literally a hidden gem, and if I hadn't been with someone who had been there before, I wouldn't have known it even existed. Don't be put off by the semi-sketchy stairwell, because at the top of the stairs lies a damn good Thai restaurant, probably one of the best I've been to. Heck, the best I've ever been to. I had pad thai with veggie-shrimp and veggie-chicken, that were so extremely close to the real thing I almost felt naughty for eating it. Everything there is 100% vegan, and if you like bubble tea (which I don't), they apparently have some of the best. 

What followed was a night of entertainment. I saw a fellow clarinetist play a great recital, and I even got to apply my expertise in page turning. A little hard, since the lighting produced a very awkward glare in which I couldn't read half the music. Still nailed it. Afterwards, I began watching my new favorite TV series. It's sort of like Downton Abbey meets Dexter meets CSI. Sherlock. 



And Sunday was freakin' sweet as well, due to an awesome morning/afternoon of sleeping in and then continuing to watch Sherlock. This is where I caved. You could say that the aroma of chili cooking in a slow cooker was the thing that woke me up (really, what I woke up to), and I was seriously craving some. It was a cold day today, snow was falling outside, comfortable on the cat-napper, watching Sherlock with friends...then someone walked in with Panera bread bowls, and it was all over. Twenty five days of being vegetarian, and homemade chili in a bread bowl was my downfall. Totally worth it. 

After finally getting my act together I arrived at school for two consecutive rehearsals, and then watched the Oscars. I sincerely regret not seeing Argo in theaters, but I think I did pretty well seeing most of the movies that were nominated. 

Here's some music for the road (recently recommended to me by someone with great taste in music): 



 Have a great week everyone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment